Backend Web Developer (Laravel)
ScaleLab is a fun new way for YouTubers to connect, collaborate, and get personalized advice on how to grow their online presence. Our platform supports over 100,000 customers who earn 4 billion views per month.
Our product and technology goals
- Build a web app that engages over 500,000 YouTubers by connecting and rewarding them for helping each other
- Guide them on how to develop their brand and create content and audience growth strategies
- Scale our recommendation engine to provide highly personalized tips and insights for each customer
Who we are
Right now we’re a team of four devs aiming to double our size over the next two months.
- Help us develop our backend using Laravel and MySQL
- Work with engineers and product team to design our platform
- Write clean, well-organized, test-driven code
- Develop a REST API for internal and external consumption
- Optimize database schema, queries, and caching.
- Gather test metrics and provide feedback to improve quality
Bonus Skills / Knowledge
- 2+ years of professional web development
- LEMP Stack (Linux, Nginx, MariaDB, PHP 7)
- Laravel ^5.2 (or other MVC experience like Symfony 2)
- MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Usage and design of REST APIs
- Unit / integration testing
- Caching, Memcached, Redis
- Basic understanding of SPA frontend needs
Perks / Benefits
- Proficient in OOP design patterns and functional programming
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda
- DevOps pipelines and best practices (build tools, continuous-deployment, logging, monitoring, etc.)
- Websockets, long-polling, HTTP/2 Server Push, etc.
- Travis CI
- Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- ReactJS (React.js)
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible hours
- Experiment with new technology
- Small, highly collaborative team where your ideas matter
- Solid to quite solid office (we have windows)
- Walking distance from Century City Mall (decent food court)
- Short commute if you live nearby
- This is a full-time gig
- Pay is commensurate to experience
- Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. To be competitive, include web links to your past work, and be prepared to demo these applications upon interview.
- We're only hiring locally since the applicant will be working out of our Century City office. If you're based outside the Los Angeles area, we are not interested.
- Please no recruiters
Apply for this position